Saturday, June 11, 2011

A List of Whys

There was a time many years (actually decades) ago that I was in fabulous shape and could make one lap around the track in well under a minute. I would have probably looked at me now and and raised an eyebrow or two at this particular shape that has become me.

My brother has really gotten into running in the last year. I would be lying if I were to say that I am not just a little bit jealous.

It's not that I'm terribly fat, I'm not.

I'm just really tired of this section of goo that somehow has attached itself to my stomach. And probably my rear. Don't even get me started on my arms.

I was watching the 3200 m race at a track meet this spring (did I mention I coach running???) and this random thought flashed through my brain.

I wish I could run this.

WHAT???

I have never in my life had any desire to run ANY miles, let alone two. But, for some reason, that little voice has stuck with me.

I came across the Couch to 5K program awhile back and thought it sounded interesting. I've never been able to run much in the way of distance, but the program is broken down into parts and designed to get you there gradually.

So here it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment