Tuesday, June 14, 2011

C25K Week 1 Day 1

Today I started Cool Runnings Couch to 5K program. I actually started the program last spring and got through week 2 before I got sidetracked.

W1D1 starts with a brisk 5 minute walk followed by 20 minutes of 60 seconds running alternating with 90 seconds of walking. This works out to 8 sets of run/walk combo. I have never been good at counting, but this wasn't too bad.

I walked down to the track to do this at about 3:30 this afternoon. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I had wanted to run this morning, but forgot to set my alarm and I had a funeral to get to. Luckily, it wasn't quite as hot as it was supposed to be today.

I ended up going just a little bit over two miles not counting the walking. The second to last set was kind of hard, but for some reason, the last one wasn't. Maybe because it was the last one.

Temperature: 81, no wind
Shoes: Brooks Ravenna

No comments:

Post a Comment