Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week 4 Day 1

So I again woke up this morning with an excuse ready to go. A few excuses actually.

Jeff bought a boat yesterday. So, excited as everyone was, we spent the entire day at the lake.  I haven't skied in years. Well, never, to be honest, I have never really gotten the hang of it, but I tried yesterday and didn't do too bad. Between that and the kneeboarding and general exhaustion of spending all day in the sun, I really didn't think I would get up at all this morning, let alone get up and go run. I can't lift my arms, how are they going to help me move?

Second excuse that came to mind was my toe. Somewhere in the last day or so, I ripped my little pinky toenail in half. My goodness that hurts. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to put a shoe on. 

And then I looked at what Week 4 consists of:  Run 400, walk 200, run 800. Repeat. 

My brain immediately laughed at me. There is no way I can run two whole laps. Twice.

But I had laid out my clothes last night. And I figured at least walking down to the track would loosen up my arms (we are after all going back out to the lake today). And to my dismay, my shoe did go back on my foot without hurting any more than without it.

And you know what? I MADE IT!!! I did the whole darn thing. And lived to tell the tale.

On my second 800, I noticed some part of my mind telling me to stop. It seemed to be arguing with my legs, because the more I thought about it, the more I realized that my legs weren't all that tired. Oh sure, I could have convinced myself that, yes, I needed to stop before I started metabolizing muscle fibers, but I know I would have been wrong. So I talked my legs into ignoring any negative waves coming from inside my head and pushed on through. 

And I am so glad I did.


Shoes: Brooks Ravenna
Miles Today: 2.5
Miles Total: 20.5 

No comments:

Post a Comment